This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to access and modify data by using ADO.NET 3.5.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and structure of ADO.NET 3.5.
- Explain the role of data providers in ADO.NET 3.5.
- List the technologies and techniques available for managing data with ADO.NET 3.5.
- Insert, update, and delete data by using ADO.NET Command objects.
- Implement transactions to control data integrity and concurrency.
- Define and use a DataSet for retrieving data.
- Use a DataSet to update a database.
- Use a DataSet as a local cache in an occasionally connected environment.
- Define LINQ queries for selecting data from an in-memory data structure.
- Use LINQ to SQL to query data in a database.
- Use LINQ to SQL to modify data and save changes to the database.
- Explain how to use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to map a database schema to a logical business model.
- Use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to query and manage data.
- Explain how Synchronization Services supports occasionally-connected solutions.
- Use Synchronization Services to download data from a SQL Server database.
- Use Synchronization Services to upload data to a SQL Server database.
- Module 1: Getting Started with ADO.NET 3.5
- Module 2: Modifying Data by Using ADO.NET Commands
- Module 3: Querying and Maintaining Data by Using DataSets
- Module 4: Querying and Maintaining Data by Using LINQ
- Module 5: Implementing an Entity Model by Using the ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Module 6: Building Occasionally Connected Solutions by Using Synchronization Services
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses