Why do I need to learn Visual Basic?
VB is simpler than most other programming languages, however, is it capable of performing all the actions that one could perform with other languages? Well the answer to this question is not as straight forward as one might think, but if the language is easy to learn why do other people learn other languages? I think the reason for this is that other languages could provide a better efficiency and performance with some advanced features.
Who have little or no knowledge of computer programming languages
- The Visual Basic 6 Environment
- Defining Terms
- Creating a Visual Basic Project
- Writing a VB procedure
- Calling Procedures
- Using the Visual Basic 6 code editor
- Data Types, variables and constants in Visual Basic
- Using Operations
- Control Structures-IF…THEN, Select Case, DO…LOOP, FOR NEXT
- Designing the Visual Basic Application
- Working with users
- Defining the visual Basic Form
- Standard Controls: Picture, frame, Command Button, Label, TextBox, Check Box, etc.
- More Controls: ListBox, ComboBox
- Properties and Methods of objects in Visual Basic
- Building a file search application: DriveListBox, DirListBox, FileListBox
- Building a Menu
- Debugging Visual Basic Code
- Error Trapping
- Manipulating Text-string functions
- Visual Basic functions for dates and numbers
- Creating Copy, Paste, Cut, Delete Functions
- Pictures, Graphics in Visual Basic
- Creating a Microsoft Access database - refer to SQL tutorial
- Visual Basic Bound controls - Text Box controls linked to database
- Validating Data-ensuring database integrity
About Karama Language & Computer Center
Karama Language and Computer Centre (KLCC) established in 2005, is a highly professional training institute, approved by Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA), U.A.E, offering a wide range of training programs for enhancing skills in diverse fields.
We are based in Dubai, the thriving business hub of the Middle East and it offers a wide scope of activities for the business community in the U.A.E.
Whether your employees need computer training or language training KLCC offers a complete learning experience irrespective of nationality or skill level.
The training offered by us has helped numerous organizations improve their overall work & quality standards.See all Karama Language & Computer Center courses
IT, Computing and Technology Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.