- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course covers the IBM PowerKVM product running on the IBM Power Systems S812L and S822L Linux-only servers. The course covers how to install and configure PowerKVM, and how to use it to create and manage Virtual Machine (VM) guests running the Linux operating system. The course covers the different interfaces that can be used to create and manage Linux VMs, including the virsh command line interface and the kimchi graphical interface.
This course uses a combination of instructor lectures and machine exercises to provide the student with practical background knowledge regarding the topics covered.
The audience for this intermediate-level training includes system administrators, support personnel, developers, IT specialists, IT architects, and system engineers interested in the PowerKVM open source virtualization product.
You are expected to have some knowledge of Linux, ideally when running in a Power Systems environment. This knowledge can be obtained by attending the following course, or gained from equivalent experience:
- Linux on Power Fundamentals (LX21G)
- Unit 1: PowerKVM Overview Exercise 1: System preparation Unit 2: Installing PowerKVM
- Exercise 2: Installing PowerKVM host
- Unit 3: Managing guest VM's using Kimchi
- Exercise 3: Managing PowerKVM using GUI
- Unit 4: Managing VM's using CLI
- Exercise 4: Managing PowerKVM using CLI Unit 5: Managing the PowerKVM host
- Exercise 5: General administrative functions
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses