- Locations: Agouza
- Duration: 3 Days
A growing number of people are choosing to forgo some or all animal products in their diets. Given this growing trend, a chef needs to know how to cater to a vegetarian diner.
In this course, you will learn to identify a variety of different vegetarian diets. You will also learn to understand the different reasons why people follow vegetarian diets from religious to ethical beliefs and from environmental to health concerns. Furthermore, you will learn how to use alternatives to meat, poultry, fish or dairy products. In practical sessions we will explore ways in which a chef can offer a variety of flavorful and appealing vegetarian dishes that will satisfy even the most discriminating of vegetarian diners and maybe a few meat eaters as well.
Structure of the workshop and topics covered:
- Identification of a variety of different vegetarian diets
- Motivations supporting the different vegetarian diets
- Identification of a variety of ingredients often used in vegetarian cooking
- How to use a variety of protein products as alternatives to meat, poultry, fish or dairy
- Rebalancing the center of the plate in vegetarian cuisine
- How to create interesting, varied and balanced vegetarian dishes, meals and menus
About Egyptian Chefs Association
The Egypt Young Chefs Club (EYCC) is the youth arm of the Egyptian Chefs Association. Their organization nurtures youthful talent in the food and beverages field and is reputed for its distinctive mission, excellent culinary standards and dedication to promoting continuous improvement in the profession. They aspire to build a community where young professionals will enjoy an open society in which information exchange and networking are the hallmarks of its mission.See all Egyptian Chefs Association courses