Course detailsGain a valuable insight into aviation to help you get your first job working in a cabin crew team. The course offers a comprehensive knowledge of everything you need to know before you take to the skies in 20 easy to understand modules, from the fundamental principles of working as cabin crew to identifying and dealing with potential security threats.
This course covers:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the aviation industry and how you will contribute to it. Learn the hierarchy of your workplace and what is expected of you in terms of safety and security, as well as about charter flights, regional flights, budget flights and your career opportunities in each.
- Explore the basics of aviation abbreviations - why they are used, why you need to know them and why it is essential you familiarise yourself with them before interview.
- Explore the external factors that govern air travel, namely geography, time zones and weather conditions. Learn how to adapt to time zones, how currencies affect your job, how weather variations can affect your flight and what turbulence is and how to manage it.
- Take an in depth look at the layout of an aeroplane, how to operate the communications system and the importance of flight crew communication and passenger announcements. Learn how to keep the galley area safely maintained and fit for purpose and how and when to operate emergency exits.
- Incredibly important to cabin crew is understanding how to deal with an emergency situation. Learn how to use emergency equipment, how to conduct yourself in an abnormal situation, how to deal with panicked passengers, how to spot fire hazards and fight fires and how to deal with medical issues amongst passengers and fellow crew members.
- Being part of a cabin crew is a customer facing role, so personal grooming and uniform maintenance are very important. Learn how to look after your appearance as well as your personal health by being able to identify when you are fatigued and how to manage sleep cycles.
About Harley Oxford
With over 100,000 learners and over 1000 courses, Harley Oxford is one of the leading providers offering online courses.
Interested in learning a new skill or hobby?
- Harley Oxford courses are accessible from anywhere in the world
- Each course is compatible with computers, laptops, tablets and most smartphones
- Each course comes with a course tutor
- Access FREE CV support and job tips
Study a Harley Oxford course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home, and work towards industry recognised awards that will add value to your CV.
With our range of courses always growing, it is safe to say that at Harley Oxford we have a passion for learning, and that is why we will always go that extra mile for you as well as making sure that you get the best customer services available. If you want to learn more about a course or if you want to find out what course is right for you, let us know.