Course detailsSetting SMART objectives and giving constructive feedback concerning employee performance appraisals are essential skills for any manager. That's why Global Edulink, a UK leader in the training industry, is offering a course that provides you with the knowledge to do just that. Our Appraising Performance course shows learners how to carry out appraisal and performance reviews successfully.
Performance appraisal is the evaluation of the performance and effectiveness of employees at regular intervals to gain an understanding of just what a person is capable of with room for further growth.
The course teaches you: the ideas and principles behind undertaking performance appraisals; the reasons why they're done; how they're structured; and, what both parties (appraiser and appraise) should expect to achieve. Essentially, how to carry out positive appraisals with a view to building a person's morale and motivation as well as their skills, and help them to identify and manage both their strengths and weaknesses in terms of how they carry out their future work.
You'll learn how to:
- Establish performance expectations so that desired work results are achieved in accordance with the organization's values and quality standards
- Write a performance appraisal so that it reflects an objective evaluation of the individual's work performance
- Prepare for a performance appraisal discussion so that there are no barriers to an effective discussion
- Use the course's tips and techniques to manage conflict in appraisals
- Understand how to write effective performance reviews quickly and easily
- Conduct a performance appraisal so that mutual understanding and cooperation is achieved, which includes giving effective feedback and praise
- Prepare a realistic development plan to improve future performance
- Follow up on a performance appraisal so that future performance meets expectations
1. INTRODUCTION TO APPRAISING PERFORMANCE
- Introduction to Appraising Performance
- Continuously Assessing Performance
- Effective Performance Review
- Developing Employees in The Workplace
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in HR Management - Appraising Performance.
Updated on 03 March, 2020
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Having good education background would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.