- Duration / Course length: Upto 12 Hours Start now
- Accredited by: CPDiAP
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
Course detailsWhether you are just beginning your career as a nanny, or have some experience, a formal qualification and excellent training will let employers know that you are a professional and knowledgeable caregiver. The information included in this Mastering Childcare with Nutrition course is all up-to-date and accurate, coming from our expert teachers. Our aim, quite simply, is to enable those working with young children to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to foster the child’s development and growth in the most inspiring, sensitive and balanced way possible.
As well as this, the course includes a section dedicated to nutrition. Diet is vital to behavior and development and it is becoming increasingly common for people to require assistance in making the right choices. If you begin eating healthily early on in life you’re much more likely to continue this and will be less likely to develop health problems.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- Introduction to nanny training
- Care routine establishing routines- video
- Reading materials- establishing routines
- Working in partnership with parents
- The employer (parents)- video
- Reading materials- the employer
- The professional nanny
- Essentials for nannies- video
- Reading materials- essentials for nannies
- Nannies on call tips- nanny interview
- How to establish a healthy & safe home-based environment
- Health and safety- video
- Reading materials- health & safety
- Example- health & safety
07. Healthy diet planning tips
- Healthy diet planning tips – part one
- Healthy diet planning tips – part two
- Carbohydrates in nutrition
- Understanding the role of lipids in nutrition
- Identifying protein’s role in nutrition
- An important role of water in nutrition
11. Explaining symptoms of mineral deficiency & toxicity
- Explaining symptoms of mineral deficiency & toxicity – part 1
- Explaining symptoms of mineral deficiency & toxicity – part 2
- A study of vitamins in nutrition part 1
- A study of vitamins in nutrition part 2
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Mastering Childcare with Nutrition certificate.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
Job roles this course is suitable for:Child Minder , Nursery Nurse , Nanny
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.