- Duration / Course length: Upto 3 Years
- Timings: Enquire
Course detailsThe National Design Academy’s BA (Hons) in Interior Design is the ideal course for anyone who is serious about becoming an interior designer or looking to expand their skill-set and knowledge base of the design world.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who have a true passion for interior design and crave the opportunity to add a professional graduate qualification to their CV - an essential element when looking to build a career in the design industry.
How is the course studied?
The course is studied online and fully flexible. There are no terms or semesters so you can choose your own start date, and study at your own pace. On average, the course takes appxomately 3 years to complete with part-time study.
Every student has a Personal Tutor to guide them through their course. You have unlimited access to your tutor and can contact them by email, telephone, Skype as often as you wish.
What will I learn?
The BA (Hons) Interior Design course offers students an in-depth and professional approach to specific interior design projects both residential and commercial. It covers a wide range of modules aimed at shaping the student’s mindset and knowledge base so that they can complete a design project in an accurate, creative and timely manner, whilst also satisfying the exact specifications of their client brief. It takes you from the history of interior design to the latest trends in contemporary interiors. It includes modules on space planning, furniture, creative lighting and the art of show home design & home staging – which are in high demand throughout the industry.
The degree also includes all elements of the client brief and professional practice to prepare you for your future career in the design industry. You will complete a comprehensive final design project which can form part of your professional portfolio as you enter your exciting career in interior design.
The course covers 11 modules:
- Research & Contextualisation
- Space Planning
- Design in Historical Context
- Creative Lighting and Technology
- Sustainable Design and Technology
- Home Staging and Show Home Design
- Professional Practice
- Furniture and Furnishings
- Choice of Exhibition or Hotel Design
- Research Study
- Independant Study
How will I benefit from taking this course?
On completion of the course students will be able to:
- Establish their own commercial or residential interior design business
- Work as freelance designer in the interior design sector
- Work within a design or architectural practice
- Work within a property development company as a home staging/ show home designer
- Work as a freelance event designer
- Continue studies and enol in a Master's degree.
How will I be assessed?
- No exams! Your personal tutor will assess your assignments.
- The course is delivered through online study and accessed through our bespoke online learning platform – Virtual Learning Studio.
- The platform allows students to access all course materials, contact tutors and share ideas with other students through an online community.
Students must already have any one of the following:
- Diploma in Professional Interior Design with the National Design Academy
- Art or Design A-Level
- Previous qualification in a relevant subject
- Portfolio of interior design experience
- Students must have a good level of written English and be able to read English easily. It is not necessary to have good spoken English. IELTS average or TOEFL score of 550 is usually required; however all students are considered on an individual basis.
"The course was absolutely fantastic, I really enjoyed it. It's quite flexible; I've got two children at home, so while I was bringing them up I could also study and open up doors of opportunity for ;
"It's been a real journey, because I've worked more or less full time whilst I've done it. I really, really enjoyed it, every minute of it! Updated on 23 July, 2020
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is the ideal next step for students that have already successfully completed the Diploma in Professional Interior Design, hold a previous qualification in a relevant subject, or alternatively, have relevant industry experience.
About National Design Academy (NDA)
Celebrating 30 Years in education, The National Design Academy is the UK’s leading provider of fully accredited design courses from Diploma level to Bachelor of Arts Degrees as well as a Master of Arts Degree. All programmes are delivered online through NDA’s own Virtual Learning Studio (VLS) and are accredited by the British Government.
NDA delivers British education and training for the design industry and specialises in creating flexible, part-time programmes. There are no term times or semesters so students can choose their own start date and work at their own pace to fit around everyday work or family commitments.
Degrees are awarded by De Montfort University and the Diploma level courses are accredited by AIM Awards, making all qualifications gained at the NDA nationally and internationally recognised. The National Design Academy is passionate about encouraging and supporting all students to help them to achieve their goals in the exciting and lucrative world of design.
NDA offers the UK’s only online Master of Arts Degree in Interior Design and trains more interior design graduates than any other UK university. All enrolments can be completed online although the NDA admissions office, in the Knowledge Village, Dubai, also offers support to all students with the admissions procedure, course information and fees.
Our KHDA permit number is 62117. Please check before you do any course that the course provider has a KHDA permit number.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.