Course detailsCourse Objectives:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to successfully manage projects. They will:
- Get started with project management fundamentals.
- Identify organizational influences and project life cycle.
- Work with project management processes.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan a project.
- Plan for project time management.
- Plan project budget, quality, and communications.
- Plan for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management.
- Execute a project.
- Manage project work, scope, schedules, and cost.
- Control a project.
- Close a project.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Components of Project Management
- Project Management and the Business
- Identify Organizational Influences
- Project Stakeholders and Governance
- The Project Team
- The Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Identify Project Information
- Develop a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
- Develop a Project Management Plan
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Project Requirements
- Define Project Scope
- Create a WBS
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Project Activities
- Sequence Project Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Plan Project Cost Management
- Estimate Project Costs
- Determine the Project Budget
- Plan Quality Management
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan for Risk Response
- Plan Project Procurements
- Plan Stakeholder Management
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage a Project Team
- Manage Communications
- Conduct Procurements
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Validate Project Scope
- Control Project Scope
- Control the Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Control Project Quality
- Control Communications
- Control Project Risks
- Control Project Procurements
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
- Close Project or Phase
- Close Procurements
Updated on 01 August, 2020
Eligibility / Requirements
Familiarity with project management concepts and some working experience with project management are required. Experience with a specific project management software tool is not required. Basic computing skills and some experience using Microsoft Office is desirable but not required.
About Regional Educational Institute
Regional Educational Institute (REI) has been at the forefront of education by delivering quality training courses in UAE since 1995, establishing itself as one of the premier training institutes in Abu Dhabi.Our training center in Abu Dhabi has developed numerous programs that have helped a significant amount of individuals uplift their careers not only in the functions they carried out but also in remunerations and future growth prospects. We strive to equip you with the skills and knowledge to better your career options, while also developing your other skillsets through cross functional training programs. Similarly, our corporate training courses in Abu Dhabi have helped many organizations in the region achieve better productivity and higher customer satisfaction levels.
We have numerous certified training programs on board – some of which includes Business Soft Skills, Leadership & Management, Sales & Marketing, Service Excellence, Language Development and IT training courses in Abu Dhabi. Our customers include some of the most prestigious organizations in the country, which include Government and Semi Government Agencies, Banking and Financial Institutions, Oil & Gas Companies, Hospital Groups, Large Corporations, Telecom Service Providers, Technology and Service Providers, System Integrators and many Small and Medium Enterprises.
Everything around us is rapidly changing – Be it technology, work environment, economic conditions, geographies, even thought processes. New paradigms are defined every day wherein keeping up is not only difficult but sometimes impossible. We employ a carefully calculated methodology that allows us to design training courses in Abu Dhabi that target specific skill areas needed by the candidates. Before we provide a training course in Abu Dhabi, we analyse a candidate’s training needs and create an effective educational program that includes training resources specifically chosen to equip the candidate.
At REI we not only focus on enhancing your current career options but also prepare you to stay ahead of the curve with our cross functional training programs. Approved and certified by the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training, our training institute in Abu Dhabi offers certified courses and accreditations.
Our Team REI consists of industry professionals with a collective experience of more than 50 years of local and international experience. The core team consists of domain experts in Management, Finance, Learning & Development, Information Technology and Sales & Marketing.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.