Course detailsBecome the next Mary Berry with Global Edulink’s Baking & Cake Decorating Diploma! If you love the Great British Bake Off and long to create beautiful masterpieces out of fondant then look no further!
Baking and cake decorating are valuable and highly sought-after skills, and it is a very profitable area of business to go into. During this course you will be given all the necessary skills and practical knowledge to become a whizz in the kitchen and will learn to create beautiful and delicious cakes!
With the help of this diploma, you will learn how to bake and decorate cakes to a high standard. This course provides a complete guide to preparing cakes, including recipes, making fondant, icing techniques and layer creation. Whether you are someone who has experience in baking, or if you are a beginner, there is something for everyone in this comprehensive Baking & Cake Decorating course. We will guide you through the basics of Baking & Cake Decorating and support you through mastering those more tricky techniques.
Our online course is so well designed you will feel that you are in the classroom! This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study effectively and guide you to secure your qualification.
- Begin your baking journey
- Methods of icing
- How to make fondant
- Refine your technique
- Learn to decorate with fondant
- Hand painting and embellishment
- The finishing touches
Successful candidates will be awarded Diploma in Baking & Cake Decorating – Level 3.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- While there are no specific entry requirements for this course, a love of baking and some experience in this area would be an advantage.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.