Course detailsDo you have a flair for science?
Studying Biology can open a lot of doors as it shows intelligence, problem solving ability, the ability to record and collect information and analytical skills. Whether you’re interested in work as a Biologist, hope to go on to further study of the subject, or simply want to broaden your awareness, this course is the perfect start and would be very useful for students who need support during A-Level study of the subject. The course covers 22 modules, and will teach you all the fundamentals of Biology, so you can understand cell division, the principles of evolution, physiology and much more!
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD AND REPRESENTATION OF SCIENTIFIC WORK
2. THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVING THINGS AND ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- The Chemistry of Living Things
- Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to DNA and RNA
- Structure and Function of an Enzyme
- Cell Membrane Structure and Function
- Cellular Organelles and Structure
- Mechanism of DNA Replication
- The DNA, RNA and Proteins
- Gene Mutation Causes and Disorders
- Cellular Metabolism
- Genes,Chromosomes,Cell Division – Part 1
- Genes, Chromosomes, Cell Division – Part 2
- Human Body Systems (Skeletal System,Muscular System,Respiratory System,Circulatory Systems,Digestive System,Excretory system
10. PROCESSES OF GENETICS, ANIMAL REPRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Processes of Animal Reproduction and Development
- Genetics and Heredity
- Fundamentals of Ecology
- Population and Conservation Biology
13. EARTH’S TIMELINE AND LIFE EVOLUTION ON EARTH
14. SPECIES NAMES, TAXONOMY AND GENETIC ENGINEERING
- Species Names and Taxonomy
- Basic Concepts in Genetic Engineering
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in the Fundamentals of Biology.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.