COURSE OBJECTIVE | Reduce the risk of injuries due to poor manual handling techniques.
On completion of this course you will know…
- Basic physiology of the human body and subsequently how manual handling injuries occur
- The most common causes of manual handling injuries
- How to undertake a manual handling risk assessment
- Ability to identify symptoms of manual handling injuries
- How to conduct safe lifts, including; team lifts, pushing & pulling, lifting from heights
- How to use common mechanical aids.
On successful completion of this Manual Handling online training course, candidates are emailed their echo3education completion certificate. This requires an 80% pass mark in the final 20 question assessment
The final assessment can be retaken as often as required.
Section 1 | Introduction
- What is manual handling
- Risks of poor manual handling practices
- Duties of employer
- Duties of employee
Section 2 | Physical Concerns
- Understand the musculoskeletal system
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
- Preventing MSDs
Section 3 | Risk Assessment
- What is a risk assessment
- Use of the tile template
- Action plan for risk assessment
- Good housekeeping for safety
- For carrying
- For lifting
- Lifting from height
- Advantages of pushing
- Conducting a team lift
Eligibility / Requirements
There are no requirements before taking this course.
About Echo3 Education
Echo3education supply leading online training designed to enhance health, safety and environmental management systems. We are dedicated to achieving better learning outcomes for business by applying our accumulated, award-winning experience to develop courses that put the learner at the heart of the narrative.