Electrical Safety Training Online | Electricity is one of the most widely available forms of energy, used extensively in both the home and the workplace. Yet the same power that makes life easier is dangerous and occasionally even fatal. Danger comes not only burns due to electric shock or exposure to arcing but also from fires due to faulty equipment or incorrect installations.
COURSE OBJECTIVES| Raise awareness of the risks posed by electricity and appropriate precautions to keep yourself and colleagues safe.
On completion of this course you will be able to…
- Recognise electricity as a hazard and increase awareness of associated risks
- Provide understanding of how electricity works
- Highlight sensible policies for those using electrical equipment
- How to deal with an electric related accident
Section 1 | Electrical Dangers
- Danger of Appliances
- Electrical Hazards
- Respect Electricity
Section 2 | Electricity Insights
- What is electrical
- What is a circuit Electrical and the ground
- Conductors and Insulators
- Human Conductors
Section 3 | Safe Electricity Management Systems
- Visual Inspection
- Danger Signs
- Faulty Equipment
- Electrical Load
- Multi-point Adaptors
- What to do if an appliance catches fire
Section 4 | Electrical First Aid Response
- Electrical Injuries
- Electrical Accidents
- Separate the source
- Remove the source
- Treating Injuries
- Prevent Shock
- Electrical Burns
- High Voltage Accident
- Vehicle and Power line
Electricity has the capacity to kill or seriously injure both directly and indirectly through fires. It is therefore vital to manage the risks posed by electricity to your staff through effective training.
As well as increasing awareness of the hazard this course explains simple precautions take when working with electricity that will significantly reduce the risk to you and colleagues.
Anyone undertaking electrical risk assessments. All employees who work with on in proximity to electrical appliances.
- On successful completion of the Electrical Safety Training course candidates will be emailed and echo3education completion certificate.
- Successful completion requires the achievement of 80% or more in the final 20 question assessment.
- The assessment may be retaken as often as required.
Eligibility / Requirements
No requirements before taking the course.
About Echo3 Education
Echo3education supply leading online training designed to enhance health, safety and environmental management systems. We are dedicated to achieving better learning outcomes for business by applying our accumulated, award-winning experience to develop courses that put the learner at the heart of the narrative.See all Echo3 Education courses