Course detailsManaging Health and Safety is a legal requirement, regardless of the size or purpose of your organisation.
COURSE OBJECTIVE | The Health and Safety for Managers online course provides an understanding of the legal landscape and fundamental principles to help you comply with UK legislation and keep staff and the public safe.
On successful completion of the Health & Safety for Managers course you will know:
- The purpose of H&S management and its costs - both human and financial
- The UK and EU laws and obligations
- What the reasonable H&S policies & procedures are
- How to undertake a Risk Assessment
- How to continually monitor and improve systems
Module 1 | Health and Safety Management
- What is H&S management?
- Key elements to a successful management plan
- Why is H&S management a good idea?
- What is risk management?
- Sensible risk management
- H&S policy
- Importance of H&S procedures
- Risk assessments
- What is competency?
- Definition of an 'Accident'
- Workplace accidents
- Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
- Cost of accidents
- Visible/hidden costs
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Employer responsibility
- Directors and managers
- The management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Monitoring and reviewing a H&S Management System
- Safety committee
- H&S inspections
Mandatory: All managers and supervisors in small, low-risk workplaces
Recommended: Any staff with health and safety responsibilities
On successful completion of this Health and Safety for Managers course, candidates are emailed their completion completion certificate,/ This requires achievement of 80% or more in the final ;
Benefits of echo3education Health and Safety for Managers course
- Accelerated Learning - 45 minutes
- Rich media and engaging content
- Instant digital certificate on successful completion
- Complementary training record back-up from echo3education
Eligibility / Requirements
There are no requirements before taking this course.
About Echo3 Education
Echo3education supply leading online training designed to enhance health, safety and environmental management systems. We are dedicated to achieving better learning outcomes for business by applying our accumulated, award-winning experience to develop courses that put the learner at the heart of the narrative.