- Duration / Course length: Upto 40 Hours
- Timings: Enquire
Course detailsCertified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
The Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) credential was created in 1971 for the purpose of documenting competency and offering professional recognition for individuals involved in curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
Since then, CFPS has been awarded to more than 4,000 people who have demonstrated a level of professionalism through applied work experience, related education opportunities, and successful completion of a certification examination.
This group of professionals includes risk managers, loss control specialists, fire officers, fire marshals, fire inspectors, safety managers, fire protection consultants, designers, engineers, code enforcers, facility managers and others who have responsibilities dealing with the application of fire safety, protection, prevention, and suppression technologies.
Safety in the Built Environment
- Identify challenges to safety in the built environment
- Apply fundamentals of safe building design
- Be familiar with the local and regional codes and standards for the built environment
- Conduct fire loss investigation
- Collect and use fire incident data and statistics
- Conduct fire analysis
- Apply data and analysis
- Identify principles of human behavior and fire
- Identify concepts of egress design
- Use calculation methods for egress prediction
- Develop policies, procedures, and training programs to inform and educate population in fire
- prevention principles and fire and life safety practices
- Understand proper design, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems and appliances
- Identify the components that, alone or in combination, form emergency and standby power
- Understand the dynamics of heating systems
- Identify basic components of and the hazards associated with 'hot work' and the following
- Practice proper storage and handling procedures
- Identify the fire hazards of grinding processes
- Identify common types of refrigeration and associated hazards
- Identify the unique hazards of semiconductor manufacturing
- Identify fire prevention housekeeping basics
- Initiate and track corrective action for life safety and fire protection deficiencies and coordinate hazard abatement solutions with building managers, physical plant personnel, and engineering department
- Safety Control Systems
- Possess knowledge of property fire insurance, building construction and/or field experience in
- performing fire/property surveys involving detailed analyses
- Be able to observe, examine, inspect, gather data and describe all aspects of a
- property/building and business
- Conduct complex inspection surveys of commercial and residential properties to evaluate
- physical characteristics of a property and business
- Understand and apply related NFPA standards and company requirements and standards
- Possess knowledge of fire services, environmental hazards, and building construction
- Oversee acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance and disposition of building
- Manage the maintenance of building structures
- Evaluate code, law, and regulation compliance of a facility's operations
- Develop and manage emergency preparedness procedures and assure all emergency
- Assess life safety as it relates to:
- Understand fire protection in special occupancies
- Understand fire protection in warehouse and storage operations
- Understand fire protection of electronic equipment
- Perform pre-incident planning for industrial and commercial facilities
- Understand operations of fire loss prevention and emergency organizations
- Understand operations of emergency medical services
- Understand municipal fire prevention and code enforcement operations
- Train fire and emergency services
- Understand operations of fire department facilities and fire training facilities
- Understand operations of public emergency services communication systems
- Understand fire department apparatus and equipment
- Understand the use and function of fire and emergency services protective clothing and protective equipment
- Evaluate fire department resources and the placement thereof
- Understand the hazards of:
- Understand explosion prevention and protection 16 © National Fire Protection Association. All rights reserved
- Understand the precautionary need for various types of air-moving equipment
- Selection, operation, and maintenance of materials-handling equipment
- Understand operational characteristics of the modern fire alarm systems
- Understand operational characteristics and proper application of automatic fire detectors
- Understand the benefits and requirements of fire alarm systems interfaced to other systems
- Understand inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Plan and administer surveillance and fire guard services for fire protection
- Provide plans review for detection and alarm systems
- Evaluate need for water distribution systems
- Provide plans review for water-based systems
- Identify and understand water supply system requirements
- Identify and understand design criteria for hydraulics for fire protection
- Determine water supply adequacy
- Identify and understand the operating principles of stationary fire pumps
- Understand fine water mist systems and their applications
- Identify and understand the operating principles of automatic sprinkler systems
- Identify and understand halogen and direct halogen replacement agents and systems
- Provide plans review for non-water-based systems
- Identify and understand the properties, proper use/application, and the limitations of carbon dioxide extinguishing agents and application systems
- Identify and understand the properties, proper use/application, and the limitations of both dry and wet chemical extinguishing agents and application systems
- Identify and understand the basic characteristics and applications of various foam
- extinguishing agents and the methods for producing fire-fighting foam systems
- Identify and understand proper use and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers
- Identify and understand the proper extinguishing agents and application techniques for combustible metal fires
- Care and maintenance of non-water-based extinguishing systems
- Understand building construction elements for fire protection
- Understand the following elements of confinement of fire in buildings
- Identify and describe the structural damage factors to be evaluated after a fire
- Identify fire hazards of construction, alteration and demolition of buildings
Updated on 10 March, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
Eligibility Criteria: –
To be eligible to take the CFPS examination, candidates must demonstrate on the CFPS examination application that they meet one of the following criteria.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Fire Protection-related discipline* from an accredited college or university, including degrees in engineering fields that are applied to the practice of fire protection; plus TWO years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- Associate’s degree in a Fire Protection-related discipline* from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any unrelated field; plus FOUR years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus SIX years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
About Knowledge Point Institute
About Knowledge Point – Best Training Institute in Dubai
Knowledge Point is the one the best Training Institute in Dubai, UAE. We empower students by providing them with outstanding training and exposure to make them industry ready.
We are recognized for our qualified staff, best-in-class amenities as well as the willingness to help students progress. This has helped us earn to the label of best Training Institute in Dubai. We regularly incorporate feedback from our students into each session so we can connect better with them. It’s only with the revolutionary ideas and courses we offer today, we soon became recognized as one of the finest training institutes in Dubai.
Experience Life at Knowledge Point
Today’s world requires practical thinkers and not just bookworms. The world has progressed and we need people who can break the chains of traditional stereotype. This can only be done by adopting innovative methods of learning.
Knowledge Point, a reputed Training Institute in Dubai, promotes the same. We aspire to make our students think creatively, innovatively, and independently. So, that when they step out in the world, they walk step-in-step with it.
We believe in proactive education by facilitating interaction between the experienced staff and the students.
In the era of customization, why leave education behind? We offer personalized training courses for 11 different fields.
These are best short courses available in one of the most premium training institute in Dubai.
We ensure our training courses help every student shine academically as well as train them to be industry ready.
INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THEIR FUTURE
Knowledge Point aims to become a leading training institute in Dubai which facilitates advanced infrastructure and allows creativity to flow. We allow students to explore and learn from their mistakes. We believe that students are our true future. At Knowledge Point, we do not differentiate between students. In fact, we cherish every gift and talent that the students possess.
Courses We Offer
We offer various courses, choose the best suitable to your need and approach in our training institute in dubai. We have scope for everyone, irrespective of the career and educational level. Development is infinite, so let’s get started.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.