Course detailsDo you know how to handle an emergency?
Knowing how to handle an emergency situation is extremely important and necessary for everyone. This First Aid at Work course is useful for anyone working in any type of organisation, so you can understand what to do when someone is injured at work. Learn the fundamentals and gain practical knowledge of First Aid, the acts and regulations which govern it, who to call in an emergency situation, what to do when someone is burnt, the recovery position and resuscitation. As you can see, this course is comprehensive and covers the most important aspects of First Aid at work.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- Definitions of first aid
- Overview of acts and regulations
- In an emergency who do i call
- What do you do when someone's burnt themselves
- What to do when someone's fainted
- What to do when someone's wounded themselves
- What to do when someone's bleeding
- What to do when someone's having a stroke
- How to do the recovery position
- Understanding resuscitation
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in First Aid at Work.
Updated on 10 July, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.