Course detailsUnderstanding health and safety is an important part of any job, which is what makes this course so useful. There can be accidents in any workplace, and this Health and Safety course will equip you with the knowledge to keep yourself safe, and an awareness of the steps to take if an accident does occur. The course is comprehensive and covers everything, including a full introduction and overview of Health and Safety in the workplace. As well as this, you will learn the law and policy of health and safety, how to accurately use your workstation, accidents in the workplace, fire safety, your general working environment, how to cope with stress in the workplace, and lone working.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- Explore the Fundamentals
- Identifying Law and Policy
- How to use a Workstation
- Good Posture at your Workstation
- Studying Accidents in the workplace
- What are the First aid requirements
- Defining the Fire Safety
- Analysing your working environment
- Understanding Stress in the workplace
- Guide to Lone Working
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Workplace health, safety and welfare Handout
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Employees acting on a health and safety issue
- Hazardous waste produced in an office.
- Disposing of hazardous waste
- Issue of security in the workplace
- Example risk assessment for an office-based business
- Risk assessment
- Working with substances hazardous to health
- Safety signs and signals
- Employers’ Liability
- Slips and trips
- Risk assessment
- Reporting accidents and incidents at work
- Welfare at work
- First aid at work
- The health and safety toolbox
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) at work
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Health and Safety at Workplace.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.