- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server, including Windows Server R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server to Windows Server and Windows Server R2. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential. The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server and Windows Server R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2008 or Widows Server 2008 R2 system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained the credential Microsft Certifled Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Sever 2008 or have equivalent knowledge
Note: It is possible to take this course without having the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential once the criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However, the subsequent taking and passing of the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This credential upgrade path is exclusively for holders of the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Module 3: Managing Storage in Windows Server 2012This module explains how to configure storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Module 4: Implementing Network Services
- Module 5: Implementing Remote Access
- Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 7: Implementing Hyper-V
- Module 8: Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Module 9: Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and DevicesThis module explains how to configure secure data access for users and devices. It will primarily cover the implementation of Dynamic Access Control (DAC) and Work Folders.
- Module 10: Implementing AD DSThis module explains how to implement AD DS in Windows Server 2012. It covers the deployment and configuration of domain controllers as well as the use and implementation of service accounts, Group Policy, and services offered by Windows Azure Active Directory. It also covers the general maintenance of AD DS.
- Module 11: Implementing AD FSThis module explains how to implement an AD FS deployment. It will cover a single organization usage scenario as well as a business-to-business scenario. The module also covers Web Application Proxy and Workplace Join.
- Module 12: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012This module explains how to monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012. It will cover Performance Monitor and data collector sets as well as server backup and recovery technologies.
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses