- Price TBC
- Duration 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Locations Nad Al Sheba, SitesPower Training Institute,Sharjah
This version of this course, 20417A, utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs. This course is designed primarily for people who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server versions.
This will explain new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 around management, networking infrastructure, storage, access control, Hyper-V, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered will include Dynamic Access Control(DAC), Failover Clustering, Microsoft Online Backup and changes with Active Directory, and Hyper-V and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). It is not a product upgrade course, detailing the considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. However, this course will update your skills to Windows Server 2012.
This course is also preparation material, and maps directly to, the Exam 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012.
The primary audience for this course is Information Technology (IT) professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2008 Server Administrators, and who carry out day-to-day management and administrative tasks, and want to update their skills and knowledge to Windows Server 2012.
The secondary audience for this course includes candidates who hold existing credentials in Windows Server 2008 at Technology Specialist (TS) or Professional (PRO) level, and who want to migrate their current credentials to the new credential of Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) with Windows Server 2012.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Use Windows PowerShell 3.0 to manage Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Configure storage on Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Deploy and manage network services.
- Deploy and manage a DirectAccess infrastructure.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Deploy and configure virtual machines on Hyper-V.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Configure Dynamic Access Control to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Implement the new features in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) for Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) deployment.
A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft Windows clients.
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
- Module 5: Implementing Network Services
- Module 6: Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
- Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses
IT, Computing and Technology Related Questions
I am an undergraduate of Business Administration Major in Marketing but i am interested in a Libr...
Unanswered //Oct 9, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, ITIL
Hi, I recently graduated from high school. I know few things about hacking like kali, linux, back...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)