- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This Upgrading to Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX and Windows course is designed for Symantec customers with prior NetBackup experience who are tasked with supporting environments that are upgrading from NetBackup 6.x to NetBackup 7.0 on UNIX or Windows. This two-day instructor-led offering provides details about the new features of NetBackup 7.0 and covers how to install or upgrade, configure, and administer NetBackup 7.0.
This course is for Symantec customers with prior NetBackup experience who need to learn about the effective deployment, configuration, and use of the new features in NetBackup 7.0. Anyone interested in the following can benefit from this course:
- Installing NetBackup 7.0
- Upgrading to NetBackup 7.0
- Configuring new features in NetBackup 7.0
- Administering NetBackup 7.0 environments
- Deploying NetBackup 7.0 environments
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify all features and changes that are new in NetBackup 7.0.
- List available reference material locations for NetBackup 7.0.
- Identify UNIX and Windows proliferation changes in NetBackup 7.0.
- Upgrade an existing UNIX NetBackup 6.x installation to NetBackup 7.0.
- Upgrade an existing Windows NetBackup 6.x installation to NetBackup 7.0.
- Use the provided tool to validate the upgrade of the NetBackup relational databases to the new SA11 format.
- Outline the layout of the new NetBackup 7.0 distribution DVDs.
- Explain how UNIX packages have been consolidated in NetBackup 7.0.
- Perform a new NetBackup 7.0 UNIX Master Server installation.
- Perform a new NetBackup 7.0 Windows Media Server installation.
- Summarize changes to the NetBackup 7.0 Agent for protection of Enterprise Vault 8.0.
- Outline how NetBackup 7.0 protects Exchange 2010, including backing up database availability groups.
- Summarize how NetBackup 7.0 protects different environments that use Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Explain how NetBackup 7.0 protects VMware environments using vStorage APIs.
- Describe the purpose of OpsCenter in NetBackup 7.0 and its basic operations.
- Summarize the steps necessary to upgrade to OpsCenter from an existing NOM or VBR installation.
- Perform the steps to install OpsCenter to operate with NetBackup 7.0.
- Navigate within OpsCenter in NetBackup 7.0.
- Summarize deduplication as it pertains to NetBackup 7.0.
- Detail the operation of NetBackup Media Server deduplication in NetBackup 7.0.
- Outline the configuration of a NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses