- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 3 Days
This instructor led course provides students with an understanding of Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended to allow individuals who already have experience with Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008.
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure and use Windows Server as an application server with new Server Roles.
- Use new features in IIS 7.0 Application Server, including the new modular configuration system.
- Manage Web Applications with IIS 7.0.
- Troubleshoot IIS 7.0-based Web servers with automatic failed request tracing and other included features and tools.
- Plan for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 implementation in a variety of network environments.
- Configure and manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 from initial setup through troubleshooting and day-to-day operation.
- Use new features in Terminal Services and describe Terminal Services Licensing.
- Use and manage Terminal Services remote programs and gateways, including troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Configure disk storage in Windows Server 2008.
Module 1: Server Roles and Initial Configuration Tasks
This module introduces Application Server Roles, describing Application Server features in Windows Server and demonstrating initial configuration and Unix interoperability.
- Application Server Roles
- Application Server Features
- Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Module 2: Overview of IIS 7.0 Application Server
This module introduces IIS 7.0 modular architecture, in which more than 40 features can be independently installed. It also demonstrates new scripting interface features and distributed configuration files.
- Review of IIS 6.0
- Review SMTP in Windows Server 2008
- Key Improvements in IIS 7.0
- IIS 7.0 Configuration System
- Adding the SMTP Feature
Module 3: Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
This module covers several aspects of server management in IIS 7.0. IIS can be configured using the IIS Manager graphical user interface or using several configuration files. It also explores the appcmd.exe command line utility as it is used for server administration.
- Managing IIS 7.0
- Using Hierarchical Configuration Settings
- Delegating Configuration to Non-Administrator Users
Module 4: Troubleshooting Web Servers
This module describes and demonstrates IIS 7.0 features for troubleshooting, including Runtime Control and Status API, Automatic Failed Request Tracing, and Trace Events.
- Troubleshooting IIS 7.0
- Using the Runtime Control and Status API
- Using Automatic Failed Request Tracing
- Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Module 5: Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
This module describes and demonstrates Windows SharePoint Service 3.0, including planning for implementation and performing a new installation.
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services
- Collaborative Technologies with WSS
- Planning the WSS 3.0 Environment
- Installing and Configuring WSS 3.0
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
This module describes and demonstrates how to configure and manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, including creating and configuring sites and managing sites and servers.
- Creating and Configuring Sites2
- Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Module 7: Configuring Terminal Services
- Terminal Services has been updated with Windows Server 2008, including changes to Terminal Services core. This module covers the new Terminal Services core functionality as well as Terminal Services Web Access and Terminal Services Licensing.
- Terminal Services Overview
- Terminal Services Core Functionality
- Terminal Services Web Access
- Terminal Services Licensing
Module 8: Managing Terminal Services
With Windows Server 2008 Remote Programs are accessed remotely through Terminal Services. Terminal Services Gateway can be used to help secure access to Remote Programs. This module describes and demonstrates using Terminal Services management consoles and Event Viewer as well as using Terminal Services with Windows System Resource Manager to optimize performance.
- Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs
- Terminal Services Gateway
- Managing Terminal Services
Module 9: Configuring Storage
One of the tasks that you perform when administering a server is managing disks. You will need to understand the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 tools that are available to set up and manage disks and disk drives. This understanding also allows users to employ advanced features, such as creating a mounted drive and importing a foreign disk.
This module covers these tasks and describes how to use the tools to manage and set up disks.
- Preparing Disks
- Managing Disk Properties
- Managing Mounted Drives
- Converting Disks
- Creating Volumes
- Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses