Communication is often seen as a nice-to-have in project management; however, the truth is that all too many difficulties we encounter on our projects can be traced back to problems in communication. This course will increase your understanding of how and why people communicate the way they do. It will also help you understand your communication blind spots and emotional triggers, equipping you with the tools to communicate more effectively with people you find most "difficult."
This workshop is highly interactive, integrating experiential learning with theory, scenario-based role plays, and creative activities. Over the course of two days, you will: obtain hands-on experience with conflict resolution, explore and gain insight into communication diversity, develop your cross-cultural competency, and refine your personal communication style. By the end of the workshop, you will know how to communicate the right information to the right people at the right time, using the most effective channels.
In addition, you will enhance your ability to communicate more effectively up and down the ladder, and across and around the world. Learning about your own communication style and the styles of others - will help you tailor your message to any audience and maximize your ability to influence, facilitate and lead.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals in all stages of their careers looking to discover and improve upon their communication skills
- Managers who wish to communicate with their team members more effectively
- Employees who wish to communicate with upper management more effectively
- Anyone wishing to present him-/herself more effectively to any audience
- Discovering and improving upon your personal communication style
- Learning about others' communication styles and becoming adept at identifying proper communication channels and techniques
What You Will Learn
You'll learn how to:
- Identify your communication strengths and challenges
- Discover what your psychological preferences are in terms of communication and why they exist
- Recognize the communication preferences and styles of others
- See why what you say can take a backseat to how you say it
- Maintain the integrity of your message while tailoring it to various audiences
- Listen incisively and communicate persuasively
- Decide how and when to de-escalate emotionally and transform conflict into connection
- Enhance your ability to manage difficult conversations to achieve a win/win outcome
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI® Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI’s Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2®, ITIL®, and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA® Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies. See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.