In an environment that has a large number of desktops/servers to maintain, or in a heterogeneous environment, system administration certainly becomes a complex task. System Administrators will need to develop and customize their own automation tools in order to address the leverage of time and resource requirement of this task. This course covers everything needed for the ultimate system administration automation right from creation of customized commands to the development of complex self-maintaining autonomous systems.
- Understand and create relatively complex shell scripts
- Automating day-to-day trivial tasks
- Increasing the reliability, security and performance of the system
- Rapidly deploy simple interactive applications, related to system-wide activities
- Rapidly prototype the development of complex programs
- Unders tand, compare and use Unix Shells
- Script files properties, its management and best practices
- Variables, special symbols and basic commands
- Communicating with the script: command-line parameters, user input, variable exporting
- Conditions, loops and arithmetic operations.
- Pipes and redirection
- Event handles and functions
- User interface: menus and dialogs
- Data manipulation using SED
- Awk: the language within
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators
- application developers
- UNIX/Linux administrators
- Related Training
- Unix System Administration I
- Unix System Administration II
- Consultant led classes including theory and lab practicals.
- UNIX Fundamentals
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology