Unix is a widely used OS in servers, workstations and mobile devices. It was one of the essential elements in the development of the Internet and the reshaping of computing as centered in networks rather than in inpidual computers. This course introduces the Sun Solaris 10 Operating Environment implementation of UNIX and will provide an understandable and practical guide into the complex world of UNIX. It offers a unique blend of command-line and GUI tasks, allowing participants to discover the full potential of the system without facing the obscurity and complexity of the operating environment.
- Work with the GNOME and CDE graphical environments
- Perform basic file operations using a command-line interface
- Use various file manipulation tools
- Use a variety of productivity tools under the Solaris implementation of UNIX
- The UNIX OS foundations: the file system, the kernel and shell
- Environments, user interfaces and system customization
- File system operations: security, file management
- Controlling the system: process management and monitoring
- The VI editor
- Working in a networked environment
- Backup and archiving
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators that are migrating to other platforms
- IT professionals
- Desktop power users
- IT managers and decision makers
- UNIX Shell Programming
- UNIX System Administration
- Consultant led including theory and lab practicals.
- Understanding of Operating Systems
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology