Course detailsCourse Description:
With construction adjudication progressively becoming more entrenched as a procedure for resolving construction disputes across the construction industry, a definite need has now arisen for construction and legal professionals who advise and / or assist and / or represent parties to adjudications, practice as adjudicators themselves, or intend practicing as adjudicators, to be formally trained in the practice of construction adjudication.
How attendees will benefit?
After completion of the programme, delegates will be able to:
- equip delegates who have a non-legal construction background with a working knowledge
- equip delegates who have a legal background with a working knowledge of construction practice and technology;
- provide all delegates with an understanding of the nature, extent and application of construction laws in the formulation of construction claims and the prosecution and defence of construction claims.
- consider the methods for avoiding or resolving construction disputes including construction adjudication, alternative dispute resolution, arbitration and litigation;
- provide an overview, examine and compare the current statutory framework for construction adjudication applied in various countries.
- analyse the nature, extent and application of contractual adjudication as is being practically implemented through the construction industry and its inter relationship with the various forms of construction ;
- examine the various initiatives and steps being implemented to promote the application of construction adjudication and put in place a statutory framework for construction adjudication
- consider the procedural and drafting issues that arise through construction adjudications; and
- examine the techniques and requirements necessary for producing an enforceable award.
- Introduction to Law and Legal Theory (For Non-Lawyers) or
- Construction Practice and Technology (For Lawyers)
- Local and International Construction Law - Principles and Application (All delegates)
- Construction Claims and Disputes (All delegates)
- Dispute Resolution and Adjudication Procedure and Practice (All delegates)
Eligibility / Requirements
The Certificate Programme is specifically designed for both construction and legal professionals who have experience in the construction industry and currently advise and / or assist and / or represent parties to construction adjudications I practice as adjudicators themselves, intend practicing as adjudicators or have a particular interest in construction law, claims and contracts.
This course is open for all staff of different levels from different departments in private and public sectors.
About British Academy For Training & Development
British Academy For Training & Development (BATD) is one of the leading Academies across the world in training and development solutions. Our vision has been workable, achievable and realistic, our resources to contributed to achieving it. Our services are open to all levels of organizations and people, since we believe in enabling and enhancing knowledge and skills. We operate in different parts of the world in more than 35 countries.
Through our specialized work in Management, Media, PR and Information Technology, we are working to:
- Improve organizational performance through customized training and development solutions.
- Enhance people’s skills and their ability to embrace changing career patterns, global mobility, technological developments and new ways of working.
- Provide organizations and individuals with unique opportunities to exchange business and management experience and knowledge on a global level.
- Provide customized and VIP training with very flexible and comfortable services for our values costumers.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.