Course detailsJava Basics
- Define the scope of variables
- Define the structure of a Java class
- Create executable Java applications with a main method; run a Java program from the command line; produce console output
- Import other Java packages to make them accessible in your code
- Compare and contrast the features and components of Java such as: platform independence, object orientation, encapsulation, etc.
Working With Java Data Types
- Declare and initialize variables (including casting of primitive data types)
- Differentiate between object reference variables and primitive variables
- Know how to read or write to object fields
- Explain an Object's Lifecycle (creation, "dereference by reassignment" and garbage collection)
- Develop code that uses wrapper classes such as Boolean, Double, and Integer
- Use Java operators; use parentheses to override operator precedence
- Test equality between Strings and other objects using == and equals ()
- Create if and if/else and ternary constructs
- Use a switch statement
- Creating and Using Arrays
- Declare, instantiate, initialize and use a one-dimensional array
- Declare, instantiate, initialize and use multi-dimensional arrays
- Create and use while loops
- Create and use for loops including the enhanced for loop
- Create and use do/while loops
- Compare loop constructs
- Use break and continue
- Create methods with arguments and return values; including overloaded methods
- Apply the static keyword to methods and fields
- Create and overload constructors; differentiate between default and user-defined constructors
- Apply access modifiers
- Apply encapsulation principles to a class
- Determine the effect upon object references and primitive values when they are passed into methods that change the values
- Describe inheritance and its benefits
- Develop code that makes use of polymorphism; develop code that overrides
- methods; differentiate between the type of a reference and the type of an object
- Determine when casting is necessary
- Use super and this to access objects and constructors
- Use abstract classes and interfaces
- Differentiate among checked exceptions, unchecked exceptions, and Errors
- Create a try-catch block and determine how exceptions alter normal program flow
- Describe the advantages of Exception handling
- Create and invoke a method that throws an exception
- Recognize common exception classes (such as NullPointerException,
- ArithmeticException, ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, ClassCastException)
- Manipulate data using the StringBuilder class and its methods
- Create and manipulate Strings
- Create and manipulate calendar data using classes from
- , , , ,
- Declare and use an ArrayList of a given type
- Write a simple Lambda expression that consumes a Lambda Predicate expression
Eligibility / Requirements
Good Computer Literacy is Essential
About Become A Software Developer
We are a Training House that helps you to become a Software Developer.
You will be trained by experienced industry developers, who have a real passion for teaching, with good experience and recognized qualifications, currently working as software development and IT project management in the Financial sector.
How we make awesome Developers?
Training and teaching Java for over 8 years, our students have been from university students to it professionals in the industry.
We would welcome any student at any age, any level of knowledge (beginners, intermediate), who looks forward becoming a java professional or anybody needs help to be fluent in Java.
Both individuals and small groups are welcome! It is our goal to combine the range of experience with our sets of skills to be compassionate, enthusiastic and intelligent teachers who will make a positive contribution to your future, making you extremely confident and knowledgeable.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.