- Duration: 1 Day
The Engineering Construction Industry Training Board is a statutory body with responsibilities to Parliament and the industry. It was formed in recognition of the engineering construction industry's vital role in the UK economy. The board's primary purpose is to initiate, promote, improve and facilitate training throughout the industry.
The basic passport course is valid for 3 years, and any candidate can revalidate his/her passport by attending and successfully passing the one day up-date course. This is providing that the original passport is no more than 3 months out of date. Should their card have expired more than 3 months' earlier then they will need to sit the entire 2 day basic course again.
Where a basic card has a supervisor endorsement which is still in date, the endorsement will be transferred to the new card.
A supervisor wishing to renew their supervisor endorsement will need to attend and successfully complete the one day supervisor course.
Old passports must be brought to the course, and handed over to BSS, who will then destroy them after the details are recorded and passed on to the ECITB register.
The course has been created to be both informative and interactive, so assisting candidates to appreciate that what they do does have an impact upon health and safety within the working environment.
Due to the interactive nature of the course all courses are limited to a maximum of 16 delegates.
The course is designed to review in an interactive way the following ten modules:
- Health and safety law including Permit To Work
- Safe Working Practices
- Safe Access and Egress
- Accidents and First Aid Procedures
- Fire Precautions and Procedures
- COSHH and Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Working with Cranes and Heavy Equipment
There is a modular end test, which comprises 5 multi-choice questions per module, and candidates must achieve a minimum 80% in order to pass. Subject to successfully passing this test, the Training Provider (BSS) will issue a credit card sized certificate (passport) to delegates. The certificate is the property of the employee - not the contractor. The certificate contains the delegate's name, expiry date of the passport (which is 3 years from the date of passing the test), and a card number.
Following completion of the course, the Training Provider must send a completed Safety Training Record Form to the ECITB Head Office. Information contained on this form will enable completion of the health and safety database maintained by the ECITB.
The course itself involves a significant amount of trainee participation. The content is something that most contractors know something about and some a great deal. Lively discussions normally ensue.
In presenting the course, the trainer will talk with the trainees rather than at the trainees, giving the continuous message "if it looks unsafe then it probably is".
Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.Updated on 22 June, 2016
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
- Plumbing Skills Global Edulink
GBP 249Duration: Upto 28 Hours
- Defensive Driving Echo3 Education
GBP 23Duration: Upto 1 Hour
- Health & Safety WEISHEIT Business Consultancy & Training Center
GBP 83Duration: 1 Day Live virtual classroom
- Lab Techniques and Water Quality Control London Training For ExcellenceDuration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom