Course detailsDay 1
Adult learning and learning styles
* Assumptions and principles of adult learning
- Adult learning assumptions
- Characteristics of the adult learner
- What we know about adult learning
* Learning styles and their importance
* Audience analysis
Characteristics of successful trainers
* Roles of a trainer
* What makes a good trainer?
- Your image
- Asking the right questions
- Building rapport with participants
- Your listening skills
* Facilitation skills
- Dos and don'ts of successful trainers
- Common facilitation techniques
- Your role as a facilitator
* Types of trainers
Designing training courses
* Characteristics of an effective training course
* Importance of instructional learning objectives (ILOs)
* Main elements of course design
- The ROPES model
- A 5 step model for creating terrific training sessions
* Preparing an outline for a training session
* Developing your opening
* Tips for a memorable ending
Training methods, activities and exercises
* From brainstorming to case studies
* Advantages and disadvantages of different methods
* Guidelines for choosing a training method
* Types of interactive activities
* General guidelines on developing activities
* The element of creativity
* Examples of icebreakers, energizers and review activities
* Blueprint for a training session
Presenting and delivering effective training
* Tools available to trainers
* Training facility set-up
* Control of body language
* Ways to get attention and maintain interest
* Coping with problem participants
* Delivery and critique of training sessions
Updated on 26 July, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
There are no eligibility requirements to attend this course.
CONVERTAS is a reliable advisory firm, helping organizations develop their activities to align with their objectives adopting the best practices.
Our trainings and workshops cover all areas of business including Management,Soft Skills and Human Resourses Management, Marketing and Sales, Accounting and Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. Whether in-house or public, trainings are organized with the highest qualified trainers.
Our methodology relies more on the use of audio-visual impact which is more effective than the lecture style. Presentations, videos and simulations methods have proven to be very effective for people to remember.
Moreover, doing and teaching are the best vehicles for learning and remembering. This includes involving the trainee in the teaching process by interacting, through completing worksheets and inciting to explain and present what is acquired.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.