This is a CIPD postgraduate level course which you will study over two years. Within the context of the HR environment, you will develop your skills and knowledge in business and people leadership, as well as talent management and development. The emphasis of this course is on strategic thinking to ensure that your HR management contributes to the success of your organisation.
What is included?
Course prices include:
- Attendance at all workshops
- Course materials for each module available on our Student Hub
- Slides and any resources provided by tutors
- 24 hour access to learning materials on-line
- Voucher to purchase one textbook per course, typically for your first module
- Flexibility to study modules at different venues and in different study modes to suit your lifestyle
You will also need to add your CIPD Student Membership and examination fees (if applicable), both of which are payable directly to CIPD. The CIPD will be able to confirm its current fees. (These costs are not included in our course fee).
How is the course assessed?
Through our blended learning we provide a combination of:
Assessed informally through the completion of on-line tasks (activities and social interaction through 'communities of practice') and delivery (teaching, learning, action sets, case studies, presentations for example).
Year 1 Modules - all first year modules will be assessed through 100% of learning outcomes. The modules 7HRC and 7LMP are nationally set and marked exams. The remaining modules will utilise the CIPD Bank Assessments.
Year 2 Modules - minimum of 50% of learning outcomes from the CIPD Bank Assessments.
The modules will use the CIPD Generic Assessment Criteria with modules graded as: Fail (below 50%), Pass (50-59%), Merit (60-69%) and Distinction (70% +).
You can start on whichever module is the most convenient to you and you will get access to tutors and fellow learners throughout your course.
How is the course delivered?
- Part time evening course (88 evenings, 17:45-21:15 once a week over two years)
- Weekend block course (40 days, 09:30-17:45, delivered over 20 weekends, once a month over two years)
- Competency route
About Acacia Learning
We have been providing high quality learning solutions for over ten years. We offer a mix of professional qualifications in HR, L&D and Accounting together with a range of innovative and complimentary short courses, all designed to improve your business function and meet organisational goals.
All our courses are run by experienced industry practitioners and we pride ourselves in offering innovative study options for our professional courses that allow you to mix and match your study to fit flexibly around your personal and professional life. Our Short Course Programme is inspired by an acknowledgment that L&D professionals and business leaders now need to expand their skills and knowledge beyond that traditionally provided by professional training. This allows their organisations to be agile, resilient and innovative enough to survive the modern world they operate in.
We offer a public programme of courses with regular start dates as well as the option to run tailored in-house courses to meet the specific business needs of your organisation.
- Courses are led by well-respected, high quality course leaders working on the forefront of new thinking and practices.
- We have been identified as a CIPD top quality elite training centre.
- We offer a unique programme of short courses unlike any of those found elsewhere in the marketplace.
- Our in-house programmes are carefully tailored to meet your organisation’s specific needs.
- We have been driving people management and accounting standards globally for over ten years.