- Duration: 3 Days
The course will build your knowledge over three days beginning with an understanding of what money markets are, who the main players are, what their motivation for participation in the market is, and how the framework of the money market operates, including the crucial role of central banks and the rate of inflation – an ongoing concern for central banks and the stability of the global economy.
Through practical examples and team exercises on subjects like interbank loans and the secondary market in certificates of deposit on day one, you will rapidly gain a clear understanding of the vital role of the money markets and, how in a practical sense the market operates.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Financial Officers
- Treasury Managers
- Asset & Liability Managers
- Consumer Product Managers
- Market and Credit Risk Managers
- Investment Professionals
- Controllers and Finance
- Portfolio Managers
- Securities Analysts
- Insurance Executives
- Pension Fund Managers and Trustees
- MIS and Operations Executives
- Budgeting & Planning Executives
- Central Bankers (Supervision Department and Reserve Management)
- The market in short term money
- Why this rate?
- The traditional products
- Exercise on interbank loan:
- Understanding the jargon and checking the details
- Exercise on secondary market trading of CDs
- Money market indices
- Repurchase agreements (Repos)
- Exercise on pricing a classic repo
- Exercise on comparison of sale-plus-TRS trade to regular classic repo
- Interest rate exposures
- Exercise on calculating forward / forward rates
- Forward rate agreements (FRAs)
- Exercise on the use of FRAs
- Exercise on revaluing a trading book of FRAs and quantifying the risks
- Short term interest rate futures (STIR contracts)
- Exercise on the use of STIR contracts
- Exercise on hedging FRAs with STIR contracts
- Short term interest rate swaps
- Money market options
- Exercise on the use of IRGs and the payoff scenarios
- The foreign exchange market
- Where foreign exchange risk might arise
- Spot foreign exchange
- Exercise on pricing spot foreign exchange trades
- Forward foreign exchange
- Exercise on foreign exchange risk and using forwards for hedging
- Foreign exchange swaps
- Exercise on using swaps for gap management
- Exercise on using swaps to create and price an artificial investment in exotic currencies
- Foreign exchange options
- Exercise on the use of foreign exchange options and contrasting with the use of forwards
- Exercise on the use of a down-and-out digital option and the risks involved
About Advanced Studies & Training Centre
Advanced Studies and Training Centre was established in the to bring together local business inpiduals with professional international trainers, with a view to facilitate learning
Keeping in mind the different cultural persity in Dubai, They offer trainings in a variety of subjects in both English and Arabic languages.
It is our mission to engage people in learning that inspires them to be involved and take action.
Our services – from leadership coaching and development to employee motivation – reflect our belief that engaged and inspired people build success in businesses.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre creates highly structured customized learning programs that engage people, They help build success and inspire people to envision and achieve shared goals.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre provides trainings and development programs in a variety of fields.See all Advanced Studies & Training Centre courses