- Duration / Course length: 70 Hours Start now
- Accrediting body: IAO
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
Dangerous goods offer various types of hazards in handling, storing, transporting and even packing. However, they can still be transported by air in a very safe manner provided certain precautions are taken and procedures are followed very strictly in accordance with principles laid down by IATA. This course will make the students aware of the legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labelling and documentation regulations related to the transport of dangerous goods. Students will also gain the skills to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods. However it is to be noted that this course has references to mandatory IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual and it has to be done along with it.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Apply IATA DGR correctly
- Apply regulations to identify, pack, mark, label and document Dangerous Goods
- Differentiate between Shipper's and Operator's Responsibilities
- Identify Dangerous Goods which are forbidden, permitted as Cargo under regulations and excepted from regulation in all or in parts.
- Identify classes and sub classes of Dangerous Goods
- Ensure the proper packing compliance under regulations
- Complete Shipper's Declaration of Dangerous Goods
- Properly fill in the necessary information in Airway Bill
- Perform the responsibility involved in accepting, storing, loading and inspecting Dangerous Goods
- Understand the legal responsibility involved with the transport of Dangerous Goods
- Introduction to Dangerous Goods
- IATA DGR
- Dangerous Goods Classes & Divisions
- Packing Requirements
- Marking of UN Specification Packaging
- Marking & Labelling
- Radioactive Material
- State & Operator Variations
- Excepted & Limited Quantities
- Storage & Loading
- Provision of Information
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
About Trade-wings Institute of Management
Trade-wings Institute of Management brings learning on your fingertips. Learn anywhere, anytime with OnlineTravelEdu.
Why Choose Us
We provide professional and practical courses in Aviation, Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Air Cargo & Logistics which meet industry standards.
TIM received IATA / UFTAA authorization which came in 1993. TIM was well received by the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry and many of its students were employed in various areas of the industry, not only in India but even in Middle East, North America, Europe & Far East.
Today, Over 50,000 of TIM students are working for various Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Hotels, Airline Revenue Accounting companies and Tourism organizations all over India and worldwide. TIM has regular interaction with the industry through various forums & associations of the industry in which TIM is well established as an active member.See all Trade-wings Institute of Management courses