- Duration / Course length: 40 Hours Start now
- Accredited by: IAO
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
There are over 200 scheduled airlines having their own CRS (Computerized Reservation System) which can be accessed by only airline staff. These CRSs are all proprietary systems and do not offer connectivity to millions of Travel Agents spread throughout the globe. Still all those agents get facility of instant reservation on their desktops not only for all those airlines but also for thousands of hotels, car rentals etc. How this works? Who provides technical and telecom Backbone? What is SITA and what is its role in CRS distribution? Get answers to such questions in this course.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand evolution of Computerized Reservation System (CRS)
- Know about Functions and contents of an Airline CRS
- Understand various data communication channels
- Understand concept of Global Distribution of CRS
- Know about business Model & Operations of GDS
- Understand functioning of GDS
- Know about global GDS Organizations
- Gain knowledge of GDS Regulations & their evolution
- Know about Web based GDS products
- Understand future challenges of CRSs & GDSs
- You should also be able to answer most frequently asked questions on CRS & GDS
- EVOLUTION OF CRS
- FUCTION & CONTENTS OF AIRLINE CRS
- DATA COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL S
- CONCEPT OF GLOBAL DISTRIBUTIONS
- GDS BUSINESS MODEL & OPERATIONS
- GDS FUNCTIONS & CONTENTS
- GDS ORGANIZATIONS
- EVOLUTION OF CRS/ GDS REGULATIONS
- WEB BASED PRODUCTS
- CHALLENGES FOR CRS / GDS
About Trade-wings Institute of Management
Trade-wings Institute of Management brings learning on your fingertips. Learn anywhere, anytime with OnlineTravelEdu.
Why Choose Us
We provide professional and practical courses in Aviation, Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Air Cargo & Logistics which meet industry standards.
TIM received IATA / UFTAA authorization which came in 1993. TIM was well received by the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry and many of its students were employed in various areas of the industry, not only in India but even in Middle East, North America, Europe & Far East.
Today, Over 50,000 of TIM students are working for various Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Hotels, Airline Revenue Accounting companies and Tourism organizations all over India and worldwide. TIM has regular interaction with the industry through various forums & associations of the industry in which TIM is well established as an active member.