- Other Location: Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Duration: 5 Days
Develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects as the students put the tools of project management to work. In this course, they will focus on managing the constraints they might face in any project: limits on time, human resources, materials, budget and specifications. Discover proven ways to work within their identified constraints, without letting predefined limits curtail creativity or innovation.
From the opening morning,the students will get hands-on experience, practicing their skills in building project requirements and the work breakdown structure. The students will learn a sound, logical framework for scheduling and controlling project activities. They will also master techniques for estimating, forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, controlling, analyzing and reporting costs and interpreting the meaning of earned-value data.
Individual and small-group exercises feature scenarios that help hone these skills while a comprehensive toolkit provides practical field guidance. Discover a number of sophisticated tools and techniques that the individuals can use to manage time and costs effectively on every type of project.
Recommendation: Please bring a calculator to class.
This course will teach the student to :
- Use the work breakdown structure to develop a network diagram
- Calculate schedules using PERT/CPM
- Identify, assign and tabulate resource requirements
- Predict costs and work time using specific levels and estimate types
- Plan for contingencies and anticipate variations
- Predict future project performance based on historical data
- Monitor changes and close out projects on time
Course Topics include :
- Essential Background
- Resource Allocation and Estimating
- The Baseline
- Managing Change within the Project
- Evaluation and Forecasting
- The Exit Strategy
About ESI International
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)