This version of this course 20410A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
The course is part one of a series of three courses that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Hyper-V configuration.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment. Although students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server experience, they must have good hands-on Windows Client experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS infrastructure, and install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS administration.
- Describe Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing.
- Describe installing and configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), in addition to managing a DHCP database.
- Describe name resolution for Windows operating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Describe implementing IPv6 addressing.
- Describe implementing storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012.
- Enable and configure file and print services in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe implementing Group Policy.
- Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Describe Microsoft Virtualization technologies, including Hyper-V.
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft Windows clients.
- Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Module 6: Implementing DHCP
- Module 7: Implementing DNS
- Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services Global Edulink
AED 2,596Duration: Upto 17 Hours
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Global Edulink
AED 2,596Duration: Upto 18 Hours