- Duration: 5 Days
This version of this course 20410A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
The course is part one of a series of three courses that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Hyper-V configuration.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment. Although students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server experience, they must have good hands-on Windows Client experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS infrastructure, and install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS administration.
- Describe Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing.
- Describe installing and configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), in addition to managing a DHCP database.
- Describe name resolution for Windows operating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Describe implementing IPv6 addressing.
- Describe implementing storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012.
- Enable and configure file and print services in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe implementing Group Policy.
- Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Describe Microsoft Virtualization technologies, including Hyper-V.
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft Windows clients.
Updated on 29 October, 2017
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology
- Administering Windows Server 2012 Global Edulink
AED 2,596Duration: Upto 20 Hours
- Microsoft 70-742-Identify with Windows Server 2016 Global Edulink
AED 2,596Duration: Upto 21 Hours