- Other Location: Dubai Marina - Dubai
- Duration: 3 months
- Timings: Sun-Thu 11-3pm
The course objective is to give you the knowledge and skills to enter the workplace in the fitness industry as a personal trainer.
The course is run over 2 months with four, 4 hour workshops weekly. eta College has developed a unique, total immersion approach to teaching and learning. Total immersion is a well-researched balance of theory, practical earning and application in authentic sport, recreation and fitnessactivities. An additional benefit of total immersion is that you improve your own fitness while learning with eta College.
- Apply anatomical & biomechanical principles to physical activity
- Apply principles of sports & exercise physiology
- Design exercise programmes
- Conduct screening procedures
- Test and evaluate health related fitness
- Promote an awareness of nutritional principles
- Instruct exercise to individuals and groups
- Motivate & encourage participation of physical activity
- Operate professionally in a sport, recreation and fitness environment
- Supervise the use of a fitness facility and equipment
- Maintain fitness environment & equipment
- Provide for safety & risk management in sports, fitness or recreation
- Apply entrepreneurship to administration of a S&F Business
Accrediting Body: REPS UAEUpdated on 08 November, 2015
About eta College
eta is a private training college specialising in qualifications that lead to employment in the sport and fitness industries. As a single-purpose training college, we provide dynamic courses in sport and fitness that lead to qualifications that are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Our qualifications are benchmarked against the best international standards in sport and fitness. This means that our graduates find employment easily; all over the world..
As a specialist training college, eta‘s unique teaching approach ensures that students are totally immersed in the theory and practice of their subjects. We balance classroom theory and research with applied practice and authentic work integrated learning. Our students leave us fitter and stronger than when they started thus they graduate skilled and ready for the workplace.
eta is an accredited training college, registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. In fulfilling its accreditation criteria, eta is recognized by the Register of Exercise Professionals SA (REPSSA) and our graduates are able to join this international professional body as soon as they qualify. Not only that, the first year of REPSSA membership for our graduating fitness students is sponsored by eta.See all eta College courses