- Duration: 2 Years
- Timings: Evening
The Masters Program is a step towards exploring and understanding the contemporary interior design environment of UAE, Middle East as a region and through research, theory, design education and practice. The program offers a creative buffer where candidates develop and contribute to the varied design possibilities and approaches of interior design. The core of the program is design research and practice. The program shall also introduce the student to the principles of academic - industry interface.
Who is this course for?
Targeted towards working professionals in the architecture & design sector and fresh undergraduates seeking to make a career in the growing design & architecture sector in the UAE.
What is distinctive about this course?
- Highly hands on and industry relevant
- Delivered by a mix of full time faculty and industry experts
- Design Future,
- Design Planning & Analysis, Research Methodology
- Methodological study of Places and Spaces
- Materials & Design Innovation
- Design Study & Pattern Language
For admission to the MA ID program candidates should possess
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or in any allied field of design with a minimum of 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in any unrelated field and having completed the Certificate Program in Interior Design with a minimum of 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent
Exceptionally, applicants with considerable experience but without the above academic qualifications will be considered on their merits. Some applicants may not hold any of the qualifications listed and may wish to be considered on the basis of substantial knowledge in design fields in their profession
- 10% Scholarship for students scoring above 70% in their UG program or 7.4 CGPA on a 10 point scale
- 10% Scholarship for students with 3+ years of full time work experience and a score above 60% in their UG program or equivalent CGPA
About Manipal University
Manipal University Dubai is the leading multi-disciplinary Indian private university branch campus in the UAE. Established in Dubai in 2000, Manipal University, Dubai has grown into one of the largest private universities in the Middle East & Africa Region enrolling over 1700 students from across 33 nationalities across the globe. It ranks as India's Best Private University as per the QS Asia University Rankings (2014) and is amongst the Top 100 BRICS Universities in the World.
MU Dubai offers high quality, yet affordable industry-aligned Post Graduate level programs ranging from niche programs like Media & Communication & Interior Design to technology oriented M Tech programs. Its flagship program is the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) which is offered in 3 formats (Day, Evening & Weekend). The university has a dedicated Placement & Industry connect cell which ensures that graduating students get ample opportunities for career advancement as well as industry interaction.See all Manipal University courses