The move to team leader or line manager is a significant change for a supervisor or technical specialist. Balancing wider organisational and customer demands with the needs of the team calls for a wide range of skills, and the ability and confidence to know when to stand back from operational pressures and understand the bigger picture.
- Learning to stand back from everyday pressures
- Managing your time
- Influencing techniques
- Delegation and its power
- Team development
- Motivational skills
By the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- Understanding your role as manager and leader
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Managing your workload using effective prioritisation and delegation techniques
- Maximising your influencing skills
- Building an effective team
- Developing and leveraging the capabilities of team members
The seminar uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Formal inputs are used to introduce underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel - and sometimes challenging - techniques. A psychometric instrument will be used to generate a personality profile, which will contribute to your understanding of your preferences and personal style.
Managers who have shared and practised different ways of performing the key leadership functions offer increased self-awareness, flexibility and confidence. They are better able to stand back from the everyday detail and focus on longer-term organisational needs, secure in the knowledge that their team are competent and motivated to deal with operational tasks.
Participants will be exposed to a range of different approaches to leadership and management practice, allowing them to select those most suitable for their situation and personal style. The opportunity to experiment with key techniques before applying them in the workplace will help build the confidence to move beyond traditional assumptions about the 'right' way to manage.
Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organisation requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organisational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
Communication, Influence & Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotions and rapport
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- How people learn?
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Feedback skills
- Development planning
- Next steps
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.
- Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certificate New Skills Academy
AED 1,098Duration: Upto 8 Hours AED 1,028Duration: Upto 3 Hours
- Certified In Emotional Intelligence Specialist Middle Earth HR Pvt Ltd
AED 2,066Duration: 6 Weeks Live virtual classroom
- Skills of Executive Leadership, Strategic Planning and Goal Achievement London Training For ExcellenceDuration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom