Course detailsUpon successful completion of this course the attendee will be able to:
- Leave you with a better understanding of the various types of disabilities
- Help us to appreciate the similarities we all have able bodied and disabled
- Demonstrate that everyone has a role in valuing diversity
- Present effective ways of assisting people with disabilities
- Safety brief
- Key to PowerPoint presentation
- Aim of Training
- Objectives of Training
- Legal Point
- Background Information
- Some Interesting Things to Consider
- What is a Disability?
- Disability Groups
- Impact Can Be Varied
- How The Behavior May Be Interpreted?
- The Basics
- Terminology Tips
- When Meeting a Person with a Disability…
- Learning Disability
- Hearing Impairment
- Disability That Affects Speech
- visual impairment
- mobility impairment
- Mental Illness
- intellectual disability
- Sign language
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- IconicSign language
- Disabilities and Emergencies
- Organizational Policies and Considerations
- Valuing Diversity
- Final Thoughts
Disclaimer: Rate/Price may vary by location. Contact us for details. Thank you.
Updated on 24 December, 2017
About Valpas Safety Services
Who are we?
Founded in the vibrant and bustling emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Valpas has established itself as one of the most progressive and trusted consultants of Occupational Health and Safety courses and certifications in the region.
We have a strong commercial focus, but treat everyone with whom we deal with respect, trust and honesty, because we believe that all business is about people.
Our training professionals and consultants are among the best in their fields who continually strive to provide the highest quality service and commitment in ensuring that health and safety standards met.
Valpas is an accredited center of the following internationally recognized professional awarding bodies, coming from the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services
- Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- National Fire Protection Association
- Occupational Health Safety Management Systems (OHSAS)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
We offer safety consultancy to various corporate establishments that would enable businesses to enhance the safety of their work environment significantly.
Valpas is your one-stop shop when it comes to all your safety needs.