This is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as finance, supplier relationship management, organizational global strategy and risk compliance. Supply Chain Management Training Program will introduce one to the fundamental aspects of the supply chain environment, including enterprise resource planning systems and requirement systems. The interrelationships between purchasing, vendor selection, and sources of supply,procurement and technology will also be explored in this program. This program is best-suited for someone with little or no experience in purchasing management.
Everyone involved in purchasing and supply needs to know how they can help achieve their organization’s sustainability goals. This course helps students to understand how purchasing can promote sustainability through all the key control points within the procurement cycle. It is a must for anyone new to negotiation. Students will learn skills, techniques and tactics to bargain for the best deal, gain the confidence they need to negotiate a price that’s right with suppliers and they will learn how to strengthen their relationships at work, home and in social situations.
The training program will give students the specialized knowledge needed for them to help their company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO DO AFTER THIS
- Upon successful completion of this training program, participants will:
- Be familiar with the basics of purchasing and the purchasing environment in the supply chain sector.
- Have an understanding of the various approaches, tools, and strategies used in negotiations.
- Learn the basics of Supply chain.
- Understand the basics of management and the strategies involved in developing a supply chain plan.
- Become aware of the basic subjects in the field of price and cost analysis.
- Be able to promote recognition and acceptance of professional status for certified people involved in purchasing and supply chain operations among other areas of business management.
- Be able to develop performance standards and operational guidelines; which can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing and supply chain.
- Be able to develop and live by a code of ethical standards for purchasing and supply chain operations under which modern business practices might be more clearly understood and favorably accepted by the public in general.
- Increase in personal confidence, satisfaction, and pride from direct involvement in purchasing and supply chain operations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE?
This program is intended for anyone currently working in, or planning to work in, procurement management, supply management, a purchasing department, or any other area involved with procurement or supply.Updated on 08 November, 2015
Berkeley is a concept rather than an entity. They are trend setters in the field of education and professional development. They are focused on imparting knowledge and developing visionary leaders who have the strength to create solutions and make their dreams come true.
Berkeley brings social revolution through education, research, and human combinations. They are linking market-based education with social learning and development. Also they are envisioned with positivism and believe in uprising. Lastly Berkeley welcomes challenges as an opportunity to rephrase this world.See all Berkeley courses