- Duration: 3 Days
This course is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. The goal of this training is to enable these individuals to support the Windows 7 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 networking environment. This course helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) professional credential. By the course’s end, students will have been exposed to the process of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and the EDST job role and responsibilities. Additionally, students will be exposed to various troubleshooting tools and techniques that enable them to address the following Windows 7 issues in an enterprise network environment: Startup Group Policy Hardware and device driver Performance Network connectivity Remote connectivity User profile and logon Security Applications
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver,and performanceissues.
- Troubleshootnetwork connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
- Troubleshootsecurity system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses