- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
This course is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments.
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Using Group Policy to Centralize Configuration
- Troubleshooting Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues
- Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer.
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
- Troubleshoot security system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions.
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues.
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) providing Tier 2 support. The secondary audience for this course is the Desktop Support Technician (DST) in an Upper MORG Organization.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses