- Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
This course is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments.
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Using Group Policy to Centralize Configuration
- Troubleshooting Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues
- Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer.
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
- Troubleshoot security system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions.
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues.
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) providing Tier 2 support. The secondary audience for this course is the Desktop Support Technician (DST) in an Upper MORG Organization.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses