- Locations: Mishref
- Duration: 3 Days
This course is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. The goal of this training is to enable these inpiduals to support the Windows 7 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 networking environment.
This course helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) professional credential.
By the course’s end, students will have been exposed to the process of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and the EDST job role and responsibilities. Additionally, students will be exposed to various troubleshooting tools and techniques that enable them to address the following Windows 7 issues in an enterprise network environment:
- Group Policy
- Hardware and device driver
- Network connectivity
- Remote connectivity
- User profile and logon
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) providing Tier 2 support. The secondary audience for this course is the Desktop Support Technician (DST) in an Upper MORG Organization.
EDSTs are experienced IT Professionals who focus on a broad range of desktop operating system, desktop application, mobile device, networking, and hardware support issues. EDSTs must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs while adhering to business and technical requirements and constraints. EDSTs are primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of PC desktops, installing and testing line-of-business applications on end-user computers, and physically making changes to user desktops or re-images as required.
EDSTs have used previous versions of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and may have experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems. Their job requires them to keep their skills and knowledge current with new versions and updates of technology as defined by the business environment. They use EMS/PowerShell scripts for routine tasks and bulk operations. They conduct most server management tasks remotely by using Terminal Server or other administration tools installed on their local workstations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer.
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
- Troubleshoot security system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions.
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues.
- Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Module 3: Using Group Policy to Centralize Configuration
- Module 4: Troubleshooting Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues
- Module 5: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Module 6: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity Issues
- Module 7: Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues
- Module 8: Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Module 9: Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues
About Nahda Modern Institute
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses