This intensive treasury risk management training course is designed to offer treasury executives, whether in corporations or financial institutions, a thorough coverage of the techniques available for modern treasury management and evaluating treasury risk. The complexity of cash management in modern financial markets has placed much more emphasis on the treasury function. This not only involves keeping control over increasingly complex interest rate and currency exposures, but also keeping abreast of the latest techniques for managing those risks whilst effectively managing the funds of the institution.
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate Treasury Executives
- Corporate Finance Executives
- Relationship Officers
- Money Market Managers
- Foreign Exchange Executives
- Accountants and Auditors
- all those involved with Treasury Risk Management
FRAMEWORKS FOR IDENTIFYING AND ANALYSING RISKS
- Outline of a treasury function
- The treasurer’s role
- Risk versus return
- Finance versus business risk
- Types of risk
- Identification, analysis and control of risks
- Hedging approaches and costs
- Corporate case study
- The importance of policies, internal
- control and audit
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND CAPITAL ALLOCATION
- Why measure performance?
- The problems involved
- Meaningful benchmarks
- Examples of methodologies
- The capital adequacy directive
- Efficient use of capital
- Value-at-Risk approaches
- Risk adjusted returns on capital
DEBT MANAGEMENT AND THE DEBT / EQUITY RATIO
- Managing cash and working capital
- Forecasting cashflows
- Financing with debt versus equity
- Maturity profiles
- Fixed versus floating
- The question of mismatches
MEASURING INTEREST RATE RISK
- Gap analysis
- Types and uses of gap analysis
- Macaulay duration
- Examples of Macaulay calculations
- Modified duration
- Convexity adjustments
- Rate shocks
- Simulation approaches
GAP CASE STUDY
Delegates, in small groups, will prepare and comment upon a gap report for a multi-national corporation.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Types of transactions
- Spot, forward and FX swap transactions
- Translation exposure
- Economic exposure
- Currency options
- Put / call parity explained
- Hedging decisions
THE TOOLS OF RISK MANAGEMENT
- Forward - forward transactions
- Forward Rate Agreements (FRAs)
- Financial futures
- Interest rate and currency swaps
- Interest rate options
- Relationships between products
RISK MANAGEMENT EXERCISES
Delegates, in small groups, will work through some examples to ensure a thorough understanding of the mechanics.
FUTURES IN TREASURY MANAGEMENT
- FRAs versus futures
- Measuring exposure in futures equivalents
- Designing a futures hedge handling basis risk
- Spot, interpolated and extrapolated hedges
- Option versus futures hedges
USING SWAPS AND ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS
- Analysing cash flows
- Constructing the discount function
- Hedging with swaps
- Swaps and the capital markets
- Basis swaps
- Asset swaps
SWAP CASE STUDIES
Delegates, in small groups, will be required to analyse hedging, funding and investing decisions using derivatives
STRUCTURED FINANCE - CASE STUDY
Delegates, in small groups, will work through a complex structure of issuing a fixed income bond to produce cheap domestic funding.
ASSET SWAPS - CASE STUDIES
Delegates will construct a long dated discount function using log linear interpolation and structure an asset swap using a fixed income bond and a forward start swap followed by the structuring of low income, tax effective structures.
INTRODUCTION TO ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT
- Why manage the balance sheet?
- The problems
- Net interest income versus market value
ASSET & LIABILITY MANAGEMENT CASE STUDY
Delegates, in small groups, will assume the role of an ALCO and using some typical reports will decide upon the validity of a particular strategy.
CASE STUDY: RESULTS AND ADDITIONAL ANALYSIS
Each group will report on their decision. This will be supplemented by additional analyses.
On completition of the course you will receive a certificate from ASTC Dubai.
About Advanced Studies & Training Centre
Advanced Studies and Training Centre was established in the to bring together local business inpiduals with professional international trainers, with a view to facilitate learning
Keeping in mind the different cultural persity in Dubai, They offer trainings in a variety of subjects in both English and Arabic languages.
It is our mission to engage people in learning that inspires them to be involved and take action.
Our services – from leadership coaching and development to employee motivation – reflect our belief that engaged and inspired people build success in businesses.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre creates highly structured customized learning programs that engage people, They help build success and inspire people to envision and achieve shared goals.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre provides trainings and development programs in a variety of fields.See all Advanced Studies & Training Centre courses