- Locations: 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Duration: 14 Hours
- To explain the role of the treasury department in a bank and the main strategies and tools used to manage liquidity and the bank’s balance sheet exposure through the use of different techniques & instruments.
- Functions of a bank’s treasury: How to optimize its dynamic role.
- Funding issues.
- Overview of Fixed Income Instruments : Focus on Money Market Instruments.
- Liquidity Management.
- Interest Rate risk management : Measurements and Applications
- Duration concept: Modified and Effective duration applications, Uses and limitations of duration gap analysis.
- Convexity: Effective convexity , Positive and Negative convexities and their implications.
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses