“When is a refrigerator not a refrigerator? When it is in Dubai at the time it is desired in Jeddah.” Transportation activities do not only impact fulfillment systems and delivery times but often constitute a large chunk of logistics costs incurred by any company. The timely distribution of goods and services as well as a well-designed transportation network are essential to the success of any enterprise. The Transportation Management Best Practices course offers its attendees the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively plan, manage and control all transportation activities carried out by their companies.
Who Should Take it
This course is directed to personnel with average knowledge or no knowledge of transportation management concepts. The information presented proved very beneficial to Transportation Managers, Distribution Managers, Transportation Planners, Dispatchers, etc.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have extensive knowledge of the world of transportation.
- Be familiar with most of the terminologies used in transportation.
- Be familiar with most common transportation modes and transportation services.
- Learn fundamental transportation costing and pricing techniques.
- Be able to determine which transport modes and services best fit their companies.
- Be able to assess the transportation needs of their companies in terms ofvehicles and equipment.
- Be familiar with essential concepts and techniques of route planning and scheduling.
- Be familiar with available systems for effective transportation management.
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes
- Transportation Definitions and Basics
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation Services
- Transportation Documentation
- Fleet Development and Management
- Transportation Costing and Pricing
- Transportation Performance Analysis
- Routing and Scheduling
- Information Technology in Transportation Management
About SNS Lebanon
they are a leading provider of supply chain services whose customers and partners are geographically spread across the globe. With offices in Dubai, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Singapore and Beirut, they offer a wide range of services and are recognized in the market by their proven track record of successful projects. When working with us, you are working with an expert team of operational and technical consultants, highly knowledgeable in the supply chain and logistics domain.
their services range from consulting and training to recruitment, solution development, implementation, systems integration and systems support. By partnering with leading multinational providers, they ensure that ytheir requirements are always met and then exceeded by applying the best practices in the field. their aim is to build and maintain a strong relationship with their customers based on trust, honesty and integrity.
their pledge to you is that their primary objective will always be to minimize ytheir logistics costs, increase ytheir visibility and control over ytheir supply network and maximize the productivity and efficiency of ytheir human restheirces. At SNS, their people set us apart and hence are their most valuable assets. They are selected from the most prestigious universities in the region after a careful and thorough screening process. To secure their guarantee of offering you only the best, they constantly invest in their associates by providing them with regular trainings, coaching programs and exposure to a large variety of challenging projects.See all SNS Lebanon courses