- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
Road transport probably forms the largest component of your supply operations budget; and yet, because it responds to indirect demand, it may also be the most neglected. Implementing best practice means more than improving efficiency; managers have to deal with stringent legal requirements and the regulatory demands of health and safety. There’s no doubt that effective front-line supervision of your road transport operations can make a direct and positive contribution to the success of your business.
This course provides your transport managers with the skills and knowledge to deliver an effective operation. The results: lower costs, optimal compliance, and higher levels of customer satisfaction.
This course will provide your managers with:
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory aspects of transport operations
- Skills to analyse and meet customer needs
- The ability to provide and manage a first-class transport service
Is it right for me?
The course is for transport line managers and supervisors. It is also appropriate for people soon to be promoted into such roles and for graduates on rapid development routes.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the main features of relevant transport modes
- Understand and prioritise customer needs effectively
- Decide the best mode of transport for different operations
- Calculate accurate estimates of transportation costs in relation to output and volumes
- Develop and monitor transport operating budgets using fixed and flexible budget techniques
- Create the best technical solutions to transport needs
- Apply industry best practice in vehicle loading and load security
- Create efficient, cost-effective transport schedules manually and using IT systems
- Draw up safe and effective journey plans
- Manage transport operations to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Supervise operations in accordance with your health and safety policy
- Apply an effective fleet maintenance regime
- Manage contracts and contractors effectively
- Monitor performance using Key Performance Indicators
- Manage customer relationships to maximise levels of satisfaction
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses