- Duration: 2 Days
This instructor-led course teaches students who already have experience with WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere Process Server the skills they need in order to be productive developers using the tools in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5. Business process management has grown considerably since the release of IBM Business Process Manager V7.5. IBM Process Server and IBM Integration Designer are now tools of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5 along with IBM Process Designer and IBM Process Center. IBM Process Center provides a scalable central repository and control center for organizing and managing all process artifacts, applications, and services that are created. IBM Process Server is a high-performance business process engine that orchestrates services within an SOA, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus enables interaction between applications and services by using standards-based connectivity.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, students learn the concepts, architecture, components, processes, and procedures that are required to make the transition from previous versions of WebSphere Process Server to IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5. Students explore the tools of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5, and learn how to use them to develop an integrated business solution. Students also explore the differences between business process diagrams in a process application or toolkit, the implementations of process components, and leveraging of the repository for controlling process artifacts.
In the intensive hands-on lab exercises, students develop and test a sample business integration solution. Students use a standards-based process design tool - IBM Process Designer - as part of the authoring environment to evaluate and explore a process application. These artifacts are then shared on the IBM Process Center repository for further, advanced development in IBM Integration Designer (formerly WebSphere Integration Developer). The IBM Integration Designer tool is used to develop business integration solutions using the Service Component Architecture (SCA) programming model, the Service Data Object (SDO) data model, and the mediation flow programming model. Students then deploy the sample application to IBM Process Server
This intermediate course is designed for development staff members who already have experience with WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere Process Server.
- Describe the IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 architecture
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5, including IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Identify and describe the features available in IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, and the Service Component Architecture
- Describe the structure of process applications and toolkits in IBM Process Designer
- Model a business process diagram in IBM Process Designer
- Work with business objects, business process diagrams, and activity implementations in IBM Process Designer
- Demonstrate the execution of a business process diagram using IBM Process Designer tools such as Playback
- Examine human task implementations using coach components
This course assumes that you have:
- development experience working with a previous version of WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere Process Server.
- Students without this experience should take this course after successfully completing course:
- Developing Applications for IBM WebSphere Process Server V7 - I (WB711GB) or (VB711GB) or course
- Integration Using IBM WebSphere Integration Developer and Process Server (WB111GB) or (VB111GB).
- Completion of course Process Modeling with IBM Business Process Manager (WB731GB) or (VB731GB), is recommended, but not required.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses