- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 2 Days
This workshop provides guidance on the effective planning and delivery of training in office, shop floor, retail, factory, hotel, laboratory or other workplace situations. The practical and interactive format enables individuals to develop their skills and confidence in a supportive environment and ensures the successful transfer of new skills into the workplace.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for individuals who are responsible for training others in the workplace and on-the-job but who may not have received any formal training on how to do this effectively.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the training process and the benefits of on-the-job training.
- Recognise and overcome the barriers to effective learning at work.
- Identify performance gaps in individuals or teams and set learning objectives.
- Plan and deliver effective training in the workplace.
- Adopt an appropriate training approach to bring the best out of individuals within your team.
- Monitor the success of your training.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your instructional skills and techniques.
What will it cover?
Successful Workplace Training
- Why train and develop staff on-the-job?
- Overcoming the potential obstacles
- Taking advantage of every learning opportunity to benefit individuals and organisations
- Overcoming negative attitudes - stressing the positive message of the training
Performance Gap Analysis
- Defining the training needs and preferred learning style of individuals and teams at work
- Examining the needs of the job and identifying suitable training
- Setting clear training objectives
Preparing for Workplace Training
- Where, when and how to train - planning what to say and how to say it
- Identifying the preferred learning style of the individual
- How people learn
- Different approaches to workplace training
- Preparing the training material
- Structuring the sessions
One-to-one Training as a Means of Accelerating the Learning Process
- Understanding the concept of effective knowledge transfer
- The training methods available
- Checking understanding
- One-to-one training skills - providing positive and immediate feedback
- Communication skills - listening, questioning and responding
- Making training enjoyable and participative
Workplace Training with Small Groups or Teams
- The difference between individuals and small groups
- Instructional techniques - the basics of solving problems
- Adopting a more formal structure where appropriate
Reviewing and Measuring the Success of Your Training
- Effective observation methods
- Monitoring the success of your training - maintaining an awareness of progress
- Evaluating the impact of training on actual performance
- Personal action plans for ongoing development
- Formulating an action plan
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses