- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
The TOGAF 9 Level 1 and Level 2 course is a, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers curriculum of both Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF™ 9 framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
- Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9
- The concept of the Enterpnse Continuum: its purpose and constituent parts
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The TOGAF certification program.
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterpnse architecture
- Understand and apply the ADM phases in development of an enterpnse architecture
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterpnse architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Understand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization's needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for secunty
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
- There are no formal prerequisites: it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2. it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
- There are two possibilities for taking the exam. The candidate can take the Level 1 and Level 2 exams separately, or take the combined exam. The exam is a proctored exam - a proctor needs to be registered pnor to taking the exam.
Level 1 exam:
- The exam is in closed-book format, and includes 40 multiple-choicequestions. The pass score is 55% (22 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts for 60 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
Level 2 exam:
- The exam is in open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice scenario-based questions. The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
Level 1 and 2 combination exam:
- This examination comprises to two separate sections. The TOGAF 9 Part 1 section is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9 Part 2 Section 2 is OPEN book. (Note at Prometric test centers an electronic copy of the specification is built into the test and becomes available in Part 2 only)
- Time limit: 150 Minutes total. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 1. 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9 Part 1 section you cannot return to it.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses